Saturday, November 14, 2009

Eggs and Cream = Fritatta!


Well if I do say so myself, I made the most delicious fritatta for my client this week. Fritattas are so easy to make and are fabulously Olde-World French and Tuscan. They look amazing and taste amazing and can be eaten breakfast, lunch and/or dinner. Any fresh ingredients you have on hand can go into them and all you REALLY need are eggs and cream. And for you dieters out there, egg whites and skim milk will work too. (Just not as yummy!) Seriously, I love thin people.

So, in this one, I threw:

Feta cheese, fresh sauteed red bell peppers, fresh sauteed mushrooms and fresh basil. The one I make tonight for my man and myself will have some chicken sausage in it too. Here's the basic way to go about it:

1-Crack about 5-6 eggs into a big bowl and whisk.
2-Pour in about 2-3 cups cream, 1/2 and 1/2 or whatever and whisk.
3-Saute whatever veggies you want in an oven-friendly skillet.
4-Turn the oven on broil.
5-Add the egg mixture to the veggies in the skillet and sprinkle in (lots of) the cheese of your choice.
6-Turn the stove to low and cover the skillet.
7-After a while and when the outside seems done but the top needs some heat, stick it in the oven and broil until golden brown.
8-Remove from oven WITH AN OVEN MITT!
9-Let cool, slice, and indulge!

Bon Appetit.

No comments: