Sunday, October 4, 2009

On the Blog Again

Hi. Did you miss me?

I'm back on the blog and I'm here to stay. It helps that I now have people actually relying on me to write content (http://www.TheNewYorkGrapevine.com). I'm going to have two columns on TheNewYorkGrapevine.com. One will be my culinary mystery column, It's a Mystery, which takes the guesswork out of weird foods, terms, and techniques (what are garlic scapes and what the hell do I do with them?) and one will be a restaurant review column. I'M SO EXCITED! Come on, how long have I wanted to review food? And in New York? This is so awesome. The first restaurant review, premiering asap, is for Northeast Kingdom in East Williamsburg (or Bushwick or Williamsburg or whatever the hell you want to call it).

Special thanks to Justin August of TheNewYorkGrapevine.com for giving me the old kick-in-the-pants I needed to fire up my food career again. Justin and I are old friends from San Diego and he's always been a real go-getter! (Wink, thumbs up, sparkle tooth).

So what the hell have I been doing? I've been cooking for private clients and working at The Tractor Room in San Diego for the past four months, along with rocking out with my band, but now I'm back in New York and ready to hit the ground running.

Follow my blog! I'll be sharing almost every cooking experience I have, and sharing recipes, menus, fun finds, trips to farmers' markets, private cooking class antics, detailed cook days, my mystery column, and best of all, reviews of food from the five boroughs.

PS- I think October is one of the best months. It signifies fall and coziness and warm food. It makes me feel like hanging out with friends and sharing food and conversation. Would you comment on this post and share why you love October too?

Thanks in advance for your support.

Love,
Chef Kendra

1 comment:

Amanda said...

looking forward to your posts... October rocks! I love being able to harvest the fruit from my garden that grows all summer - I made my first butternut squash lasagna!